Sunday, October 16, 2011

SALT IN TUSCALOOSA!!!!

Post by Delvin Arnell

As we loaded the last of the bags my pounding headache reminded me of the great time we had while visiting our friend who attends University of Alabama. I complained all through Friday on account of me having to be to work at 8am and having  to make the 3 hour drive immediately after i got off. Packing un-folded clothes into a bag I was amped about making my way to surprise a really good friend of mine. Running around like a
chicken with my head cut off I realized I didn't pack soap, a toothbrush, my Ray-Bans and my jacket .............NOT THE RAY-BANS!!!!!!!! Remembering that I left them at my aunts house on the other side of town I had no choice but to drive 30min out my way to get em'. On account of me not letting the Ray-Ban Gang down and how cool I looked in all my pictures I think I made a damn good choice. Besides all the extras(1.50 beers..... inside jokes to last me for the rest of my life... Stevo's flip cup challenge at 5am.....Fox's Jager bombs..... *point made*) we learned a valuable lesson on this trip. Its really important to tell the people around you how much you really care for them. Before we partied the night away we were all brought to tears after Quasia went around the room and personally thanked and confessed her love for everybody in the room. The love that came from the room made me come to a realization that something as simple as kind words can make your friendships that much stronger. Anyone who's met me in passing knows my loyalty to my oh so great Georgia Bulldogs and will tell you my kid's first phrase will be "Go DAWGS" but, the University of Alabama will always have a special place in my heart. With that being said "God Bless Tuscaloosa".

Just to give you a minor taste of what our weekend was like....



Before we went to the bar ------>










After we went to the bar ----->